
Like most teenagers my adolescence was spent with friends, friends and friends. Among many I had one best friend with whom sharing anything and everything was natural and routine. We spent hours between classes and most of the daytime together. Our parents had a very hard time keeping us off the phone during holidays.
We were growing up. Life had not started taking a roller coaster ride yet. Suddenly the things that we talked and giggled about started taking shape. Her life saw the entrance of a teenaged boy. I was very happy and concerned at the same time whether he would turn out to be Mr. Right for her.
Days turned to weeks. Our meetings became scanty. I don't remember having a proper fight between us, but irritability increased as she skipped appointments with me only to spend more time with him. Our calls became short and less frequent. I was surely missing my best friend. The end of teenage and the threshold of adulthood were marked by another event. I met a handsome face. The most important position in my life was taken by this person. I could now understand her feelings and her desire to be with her boyfriend and spend time with him.
Time flew. We were now struggling with our careers, somewhat still trying to get acquainted with the topsy turvy corporate world. It has been a few years that we have seen each other. I met her again. This time we were at a restaurant with her husband by her side. I was trying to get acquainted with this man whom I knew as a teenager. I was aghast with what he revealed. He said that he was very jealous of me, how he fought with her for spending more time with me, sharing everything with me, how he stopped her from meeting me, how very systematically he broke our bond. He could realize the depth of our friendship only when my friend stopped him from meeting his best friend. (childish!!) He was apologizing. Being a matured person, I had no grievance. I was happy to get back my friend. Somehow the years of separation had built a huge gap between us. We could never be like we were before.
Time passed. Life took a nasty turn for me. My long and strong relationship was crushing. I could do nothing to prevent it. Suddenly it felt like a portion of my heart being painfully scooped out. I could no longer turn to the handsome face which I knew for all these years so well for solace. Painful days were followed by even painful nights. Staying normal became a challenge. I had to work hard to keep my regular voice while I spoke and fight tears when alone. I declined all sympathies coming from well wishers and friends, started going out to movies, restaurants, parties, social gatherings....
This time I met her again. We embraced each other. Silent tears came out from the confident, arrogant, determined, strong eyes. No console. No gesture of reassurance. I don't know how many minutes passed when we finally drew apart. I looked up at her face and knew that she had been silently crying with me. I knew that finally my best friend is back.
Update: She hardly gets any time from her busy household to talk to me. At times we are half the globe away from each other. Still, deep inside I know that there is no gap. We have been reunited.
Darun kandokarkhana....
ReplyDelete:-)
DeleteSuch nice emotions with an easy flair. Very much agreed on the emotional expect. At times there is no requirement of words, and even the distance does not matter. Treasure your friend ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your support in consistently reading my blog....
Deletejust Wow!!!............. thats gr8888888
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :-)
DeleteVery touching...that's what true friendship is all around...I am glad I am also blessed with two such friends...though they are continents away from me...we dont talk that often but deep down I feel their presence and thats too soothing
ReplyDeleteThank for reading it Paro... At least you have been consistently reading my blog. This inspires me.
Deletefriendship never die...there will be a little space in ur heart for a true friend till u live in this "meterialistic" world, !..
ReplyDeletegooooooooooooooooood going....hope to get more from moumita !..
take care
god bless you!
regards
mm
Pore to likhechhi.. porechho ki?
Deleteporte porte khub emotional hoe porchilam.......lekhata satti khub touchy..
ReplyDeleteDhonyobaad... porergulo poris, aamar bhalo lagbe
Deletetoamr lekha bhison antorik!! porer bar chotobelar kotha likho...jokhon gorom er chuti te dupure jege janlar phak diye pheriwala take dekhtam tar por bhabtam kokhon Kwality wala asbe...
ReplyDeletePore likhechhi.. Khubi kom. Kintu tomar advice follow kora hoini ekhono. Tao dekho porergulo kemon lage tomar
DeleteJiboner bandhur pathe j sathe thake sai to BANDHU.. kintu jokhon sai chena mukh ta abcha hoe jai .. tokhon ?
ReplyDeleteAi prithibi te amon kichu samporko ache ja sas hoe kabhu ho na sas ... Bandhutto sai rokom e...
Khub bhalo lageche ... Nijer felling gulo khub bhalo express korechis ..
first of all this is Awesome and honest piece of story from your beautiful heart.... just realized entire story we can think in our mind with in few seconds BUT to put all those clips in a blog is very tough....i am sure when u wrote this u have spent more than 24 hours w/o smile in your face.... "A day without laughter is a day wasted".... In you next blog we want to see all those happiness moments which you have spent w/ same friend in your life!!...
ReplyDeleteHey, I did not spend a day crying.. :-) Thank anyways for reading it.
DeleteThe way you express your feeling is very nice it seems like you have put your heart in this story!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou could be good script writer.
I would like to tell you one story
Once upon a time there were two friends like you and your friend. There friend ship was very famous in all around. Every body has perception that no body could break there friendship. The king of that state has announce that if anyone would break there friend ship he will get some good award. One boy decided to break there friendship and he, meet with both the girl. One day both girl friends were seat together in a garden. The boy has called one girl and speak something in her ear and she laugh at that time. Another girl seats just in front of them and watch every thing. That girl asked to her friend what he said in your ear, she replied nothing he was just silent at close to my ear. Another girl said to her that you are hiding something from me, we never hide any thing with each other and today you got change. Really that guy was silent at close to her ear. But eventually they had misunderstanding and they got separate because of this reason
What is the morel of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish you , your friend ship will remain consistent
Thanks Kamlesh!!! At least you responded in reading this blog!
Deletedarunn hoyeche lekhata...matured thinking in so simple words..simply grtt....!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks re
Deleteit was so touchy . I can understand what it takes when we lose someone who matters a lot to our life . But may be that's how life goes . Some people never understand these values of life.I am very much thankful to GOD and my PARENTS to give me the beautiful gift called "LIFE" . I knew sometime it gives us lots of pain and tears but what to do then, if someone is not ready to accept us the way we are ...let's try to be happy and keep smiling that's how we can give a tribute to this beautiful life ..We stand with no chance but to accept life as it comes to us ... Debraj
ReplyDeleteThanks Debraj. Nice thought!
Delete