
Boy(27 years but declares to be 28) : Excuse me!
Girl (27 years): Yes ! (What is it now?)
Boy : Weren’t you in so and so school?
Girl : Yes (But who is this? I never knew any of my schoolmate looks like this! Is he trying to take a chance? God only knows! I have never seen this face! )
Boy : Aren’t You Tanaya Maiden?
Girl : (Dumbstruck!! Then regaining…..) Yes.
Boy : Don’t you recognize me!
Girl : (Who can this be?)
Boy : I am Adamya Ardent.
Girl : (Traveling in time down the memory lane….) You are ADAMYA!!! I couldn’t have recognized you had I met you somewhere. Gosh! You have changed so much! (Gosh! You have changed so much! But yes, you ARE Adamya!).
Boy : Good that you recognized me. I thought if you don’t recognize me then I would be in a fix.
Boy and Girl : (Laugh heartily).
Prelude
Guy (13 years and not bothered about age) – A REAL BRAT
Gal (13 years too and proud to be a teenager) – RESERVE and OBSERVANT
1 year later(prelude continues…)
Man(14 years and not bothered a scintilla about age) – STILL A REAL BRAT
Lady(14 years too) – Adolescence knocking
Man : …….
Lady : (Turning back at Adamya who sits right behind her!) What is it?
Man : ADIDAS (That’s your nickname! Stupid! Of course there is a meaning, which is not for your ears)
Lady : What!!? (Funny! That’s the name of a sports apparel manufacturer company! How can you make that my nickname!)
The same year(prelude still continuing...)
Man hits the lady hard from behind.
Lady : (Fuming, her skin beneath his hand still burning with pain… turns back and sees the naughtiest face on earth smiling)
Man : I am measuring your fat!
Lady : (Aghast! Shocked! Perplexed! Bewildered!....)……. **@@##%#^@@**………
14 years later
Adamya and Tanaya continue their new found friendship with ‘Hi’ and ‘How are you?’ when they meet accidentally. Tanaya longs for more. She craves to see a careless, shabby, rugged face among her docile friends. For some unknown reason, she desires spending a few more moments with the most unsophisticated person ever known. She searches this unshaved face on the staircase, elevator, lobby, road, Shopping Mall…. Oh just anywhere. Meetings become more and more scanty.
Months pass
Girl (31 years young but blushes like a 13 years old)
Boy (31 too but more inclined to think 32)
Girl : Hi (Trying to sound casual )
Boy : Hello! How are you?
Girl : Good. It’s weekend. I am calling all my friends. So, I wanted to keep up with you too. (Damn, I am only calling you with 1000 butterflies inside my stomach!)
Boy : Get hold of a nice guy for yourself. (Smile)
Girl : You do that for me. (Smile)
Boy : Lets get married. (Laughs heartily!)
Girl : (Fighting hard to sound amused at the funniest joke). Well said. (How did this foreigner get inside my voice!)
Boy : Lets not keep in touch. I know I am just one of your friends but I am attracted to you. Lets part.
Girl : (DUMBSTRUCK!)
Girl (27 years): Yes ! (What is it now?)
Boy : Weren’t you in so and so school?
Girl : Yes (But who is this? I never knew any of my schoolmate looks like this! Is he trying to take a chance? God only knows! I have never seen this face! )
Boy : Aren’t You Tanaya Maiden?
Girl : (Dumbstruck!! Then regaining…..) Yes.
Boy : Don’t you recognize me!
Girl : (Who can this be?)
Boy : I am Adamya Ardent.
Girl : (Traveling in time down the memory lane….) You are ADAMYA!!! I couldn’t have recognized you had I met you somewhere. Gosh! You have changed so much! (Gosh! You have changed so much! But yes, you ARE Adamya!).
Boy : Good that you recognized me. I thought if you don’t recognize me then I would be in a fix.
Boy and Girl : (Laugh heartily).
Prelude
Guy (13 years and not bothered about age) – A REAL BRAT
Gal (13 years too and proud to be a teenager) – RESERVE and OBSERVANT
1 year later(prelude continues…)
Man(14 years and not bothered a scintilla about age) – STILL A REAL BRAT
Lady(14 years too) – Adolescence knocking
Man : …….
Lady : (Turning back at Adamya who sits right behind her!) What is it?
Man : ADIDAS (That’s your nickname! Stupid! Of course there is a meaning, which is not for your ears)
Lady : What!!? (Funny! That’s the name of a sports apparel manufacturer company! How can you make that my nickname!)
The same year(prelude still continuing...)
Man hits the lady hard from behind.
Lady : (Fuming, her skin beneath his hand still burning with pain… turns back and sees the naughtiest face on earth smiling)
Man : I am measuring your fat!
Lady : (Aghast! Shocked! Perplexed! Bewildered!....)……. **@@##%#^@@**………
14 years later
Adamya and Tanaya continue their new found friendship with ‘Hi’ and ‘How are you?’ when they meet accidentally. Tanaya longs for more. She craves to see a careless, shabby, rugged face among her docile friends. For some unknown reason, she desires spending a few more moments with the most unsophisticated person ever known. She searches this unshaved face on the staircase, elevator, lobby, road, Shopping Mall…. Oh just anywhere. Meetings become more and more scanty.
Months pass
Girl (31 years young but blushes like a 13 years old)
Boy (31 too but more inclined to think 32)
Girl : Hi (Trying to sound casual )
Boy : Hello! How are you?
Girl : Good. It’s weekend. I am calling all my friends. So, I wanted to keep up with you too. (Damn, I am only calling you with 1000 butterflies inside my stomach!)
Boy : Get hold of a nice guy for yourself. (Smile)
Girl : You do that for me. (Smile)
Boy : Lets get married. (Laughs heartily!)
Girl : (Fighting hard to sound amused at the funniest joke). Well said. (How did this foreigner get inside my voice!)
Boy : Lets not keep in touch. I know I am just one of your friends but I am attracted to you. Lets part.
Girl : (DUMBSTRUCK!)
This one is so good. The best post till now. The surprise ending and the truthfulness of the conversation is really amazing. Keep writing things like this.
ReplyDeleteI will remember your advice. But the my latest post is far from this piece of writing!!!
Deletethis incident is very usual in our life for last few decades ... many of us should find resemblance with this in our own life.. so, little advice to all (in Karan Johar style)..
ReplyDeleteto speak out, don't hasitate /
in life, it's never too late ...
Life is the best inspiration to any creation... :-)
DeleteNice post....Priyabrata
ReplyDelete@sleepingghost: Thanks for the compliment. I will remember this while posting in future. Did you notice that I took special care in naming the characters?
ReplyDelete@Kallol : Life is the main inspiration for any creation. I am glad that you could relate to it.
@Priyabrata : Thanks for reading it.
Khub bhalo hoeche .... Idea ta khub bhalo .......
ReplyDeleteAnkedin por reply korchhi. Tui j porechhis etei ami khushi...
Delete:)..good one..(age part is very funny)!!:D
ReplyDeleteThanks Soumi for reading it!
Delete